Job Title: 2023 Delegation Coordinator - Part-Time, Temporary Contract, up to 20 hours per week
Job Supervisor: Board Member
Austin Tan Cerca de la Frontera (ATCF) seeks a Delegation Coordinator in Austin, Texas for up to 20 hours per week for March - June 2023.
ATCF raises awareness about conditions of social and economic injustice along the Texas/Mexico border particularly as they affect displaced and disenfranchised communities. It supports community-driven resistance to injustice through transnational solidarity and fair trade.
The Delegation Coordinator will coordinate a delegation to the Texas/Mexico border. Work activities will begin in March 2023 and culminate with the delegation in May 2023. A follow-up event for debriefing will take place in June 2023.
The work is mostly remote with occasional in-person meetings in Austin, TX and possible travel to Mexico.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in meetings and communicate regularly with the Board of Directors
- Organize and coordinate delegations to the Texas/Mexico border (secure scholarships, recruit participants, plan travel logistics)
- Collaborate with Board of Directors, staff, and volunteers on fundraising activities
- Seek new networking opportunities and share the work of ATCF with a variety of audiences
- Take leadership from organizational partners and collaborate with coalitions, networks, and gatherings
- Prepare program outreach materials in English and Spanish
- Create flyers and other promotional content
- Program or event planning experience
- Must be bilingual – proficient in written and spoken English and Spanish
- Strong leadership, critical thinking, and strategic planning skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Computer proficiency; Google Workspace
- Understanding of importance of labor rights organizing from an anti-capitalist, transnational perspective
- Proven ability to network across borders
- General knowledge of peace and social justice advocacy
- Demonstrated ability to organize with a wide variety of community-based and regional groups
- Previous attendance on at least one ATCF delegation or prior participation in ATCF educational events
- Computer proficiency with Zoom, graphic design, website maintenance, database management, or email promotion
- Ability and willingness to travel to San Antonio, Texas and Piedras Negras, Mexico to meet with our partners
- Base salary of $30 per hour as an independent contractor for up to 20 hours per week
- Possibility to extend work contract past June based on approval from Board of Directors
ATCF is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages women, people of color, immigrants, and LGBTQIA individuals to apply.
To apply: Please send a resume and a cover letter to [email protected]
Application Deadline: March 20, 2023