Job Title: Program Coordinator
Job Supervisor: Board Member
Austin Tan Cerca de la Frontera (ATCF) seeks a Program Coordinator in Austin, Texas for up to 20 hours per week. Currently this is a part-time, contract-based position with the potential to evolve as funding allows.
ATCF raises awareness about conditions of social and economic injustice along the Texas/Mexico border particularly as they affect displaced and disenfranchised communities. It supports community-driven resistance to injustice through transnational solidarity and fair trade.
The Program Coordinator will coordinate ATCF program activities such as delegations to the Texas/Mexico border, Border Talks, and the Women and Fair Trade Festival.
The work is mostly remote with occasional in-person meetings in Austin, TX and possible travel to Mexico with up to three ATCF delegations per year.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in meetings and communicate regularly with the Board of Directors
- Organize and coordinate delegations to the Texas/Mexico border (secure scholarships, recruit participants, plan travel logistics)
- Coordinate events
- Collaborate with Board of Directors, staff, and volunteers on fundraising activities
- Manage social media sites
- Develop media relations strategy
- Seek new networking opportunities and share the work of ATCF with a variety of audiences in English and Spanish
- Coordinate program planning and logistics for educational seminars with program partners (e.g., International Women’s Day, Border Talks, and the Women and Fair Trade Festival)
- Take leadership from organizational partners and collaborate with coalitions, networks, and gatherings
- Perform general office management duties such as data entry
The following tasks may also be available, as needed and accepted by contractor, during the course of the contract;
- Prepare program outreach materials
- Create and send newsletter
- Maintain content and database on NationBuilder website
- Create flyers and other promotional content in English and Spanish
- Research and write grants
- Prepare grant reports
- Program or event planning experience
- Must be bilingual – proficient in English and Spanish
- Strong leadership, critical thinking, and strategic planning skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Computer proficiency; Google Workspace
- Experience using a variety of social media platforms in a professional setting
- General knowledge of peace and social justice advocacy
- Demonstrated ability to work well with diverse groups and maintain constructive association with a wide variety of community-based and regional groups
- Understanding of importance of labor rights organizing from an anti-capitalist, transnational perspective
- Proven ability to network across borders
- Ability and willingness to travel to San Antonio, Texas and Piedras Negras, Mexico to meet with our partners
- Previous attendance on at least one ATCF delegation or prior participation in ATCF educational events
- Computer proficiency with Zoom, graphic design, website maintenance, database management, or email promotion
- Base salary of $30 per hour as an independent contractor for up to 20 hours per week
ATCF is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages women, people of color, immigrants, and LGBTQIA individuals to apply.
To apply: Please send a resume and a cover letter to [email protected]
Application Deadline: March 20, 2023